For Pole and Aerial Activities at Vertical Joy
*Please also read Aerial throughout where it is written Pole.
Please read the points and confirm you agree by completing the form on this page.
It is mandatory that any relevant medical condition is stated prior to participation.
When taking up any new sporting activity where friction occurs, some bruising may result. This is possible and likely especially at the beginning when learning pole dancing.
Pole dancing and Aerial Arts are a fantastic all over body workout; however, most people find that it takes a couple of weeks for your body to adapt to supporting weight on parts of your body where you wouldn’t normally support weight, for example, the back of your knees, or the inside of your thighs.
- I am aware of the possibility of bruising or injury due to the nature of pole dancing
- I do not have a reason to believe that I have any medical conditions which makes pole dancing an unsuitable activity for me.
- I am aware that pole dancing is not a suitable activity for anyone that is pregnant. I confirm I am not pregnant.
- I understand that whilst every effort is taken to ensure my safety during the lessons, pole dancing is a sport like any other and there is always a possibility of getting hurt.
- I understand that if injuries do occur, it is my responsibility and not the responsibility of Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness, or my instructor. I will not hold either party responsible.
- I have read and understood the terms and conditions.
- I agree to listen to and abide by the instructions issued by my instructor at all times
- I agree not to invert without the supervision and permission of my instructor and before i have learnt spotting and dismount techniques.
I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind altering drugs before and during the activity and I take full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with their consumption. I agree not to drink alcohol or take drugs prohibited by law before or during in any activities conducted or organized Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness.
I agree that participating in any activity organized or conducted by Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness is only allowed on the distinct understanding that I do so at my own risk.
I agree to follow the directions of the instructor and that any misconduct or refusal by me to follow any direction of the instructor can result in the cancellation of my lesson and my immediate removal from the class. I understand that any such non-compliance may result in injury of any kind whatsoever as a result of my failure to comply.
I acknowledge I have been advised to consult with my physician with respect to any past or present injury, illness, pregnancy or any other health related condition or any kind whatsoever that may affect my participation and ability to participate in the program. I acknowledge that I have discussed the appropriateness of the Pole Dancing program in connection with any illness or condition that I have or have had with my physician, and that I knowingly execute this release from liability and negligence.
Terms and conditions
Pole Dancing is a Dangerous Activity I understand, acknowledge and agree that Pole Dancing is a dangerous activity and as such, has inherent dangers and risks, including risk of injury or death. I further acknowledge and agree that due to the nature of Pole Dancing, it would be unreasonable for Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness to be in any way responsible for any injury of any kind or death, and I hereby, to the full extent permitted by law, waive all legal rights of action against and fully releases Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness, its directors, instructors, employees, agents, landlords, leases or franchisees (Related Parties) for the loss, damages, or injury howsoever arising out of or in relation to the participation by myself in the activities conducted or organized by Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness including without limitation, liability for any negligent or tortious act or omission, breach of duty, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty on the part of Vertical Joy: Pole dancing and fitness or Related Parties